In this post you are going to learn:
- Facebook Advertising Strategies for Businesses
- How to implement the Lean Agile Approach to Facebook Ads
- Five Key Leverage Points for any Facebook Advertisement
- Three Campaign Strategies for Initial Facebook Advertising Setup
Time Required: 45 minutes
Video – Facebook Advertising Strategies
Facebook Advertising Basics
The Lean Agile Approach to Facebook Advertising
When using any pay per click platform, utilize the Lean Agile Approach to maximize exposure, while minimizing cost. The goal is to find out what works quickly, turn off anything that isn’t working, and allocate resources (time/effort/budget) to what is working. Once you’ve identified which ads are working, scale them up. After they are bringing in revenue, you can then circle back to play with variables and new Facebook advertisements. Successful advertising hinges on Relevancy and Authenticity.
The key is getting the right message → to the right person → at the right time.
Remember to think mobile! 95% of Facebook users access Facebook via a smartphone. Consider why they are on their phone? Where are they viewing your Ads? Are they at the grocery, waiting in line, on a work break? They may only have minutes, so make your Advertisements direct and to the point.
Five Key Leverage Points for any facebook advertisement
1. Landing Page
The Landing Page needs to have a strong offer with a clear Call to Action. People are on their phone and don’t want to read through hours of text. Beyond the Call to Action, a good Landing Page needs to be clear, simple, easy to skim, relevant, and mobile responsive.
It is important to consider you audience in terms of Cold and Warm/Hot Traffic. Advertising strategy should be based on customer temperature. This is just a different way to think about approaching your traffic versus using the same advertisement for all consumers.
- Cold = someone who doesn’t know about your company; they don’t know you exist
- Warm = someone who has been to your site once or twice, they haven’t bought anything or opted in, maybe they’ve read a blog post or watched some videos
- Hot = someone who has opted in, or purchased something; they’ve viewed three or more pages for 90 seconds or longer
Ideal Ad Types based on Traffic Temperature
For a strong Facebook Advertisement: Call the consumer out → make them curious → then give them a clear Call to Action
The fun thing about Facebook Ads is the comments section gives you a space to respond directly to the consumer. Responding genuinely with the consumer, allows you another chance to show your authenticity and to connect directly with your audience.
There should be no guessing about whether or not your Facebook Advertisement is working. Peter Drucker has a famous quote, “What gets measured, gets managed.” It’s important to install Facebook Pixel so you can see how your Facebook Advertisements are performing and adjust accordingly.
Facebook Pixel should be installed on every page of your website and you need to set up custom conversions. With this installed, Facebook will let you know anytime someone clicks on your Facebook Advertisement and opted into your lead magnet. You can also measure click through sales. With these statistics, you can manage and optimize your campaigns.
Facebook Pixel also allows you to remarket to audiences who have already visited your page. This is Warm Traffic. Remarketing to Warm Traffic is a great way to test different offers.
- Campaign #1 = Catch-all Remarketing
- Used for Warm/Hot Traffic.
- Setup Campaign in Facebook so that anyone who has indicated any interest in your product or site are shown this advertisement. People get busy, sometimes someone who was at your site didn’t buy your product because the became distracted. Remarketing gives these people a gentle reminder of products they found interesting. Be sure to setup your such that all the audiences in this category are saying the same ad. This will allow you to gather comments, giving you social proof from current customers.
- Campaign #2 = Customer Clones
- Used for Cold Traffic.
- Give Facebook an email list of your best customers. Facebook will find new consumers who match a similar profile as your current customers. This can be based on other likes, marital status, etc. Clones can also be made of consumers who have liked your Facebook Page or visited your website.
- Campaign #3 = Discovery Campaign
- Used for Cold Traffic
- Utilize at least 3 layers of targeting based on you current customer, consider age, gender, location, interests, behaviors, and marital status. The best starting place is looking at what is already working, who are your best customers right now?
- Want more help? Contact Ryan